When it comes to a legal meeting, we strongly believe that your time is extremely valuable. If you were recently in an automobile accident and you’re looking to meet with a personal injury lawyer, there are a few things to remember so that you don’t waste your time at your first meeting. Initially, we’ll want to make sure that we have proper documentation of your injuries as well as discovering any possible conflicts of interests.
When we first meet, it’s a good idea to bring the following:
- Copies of any police reports filed or accident reports that detail your injury
- All copies of your hospital, doctor, and therapy records
- All of your bills from medical care providers
- Copies of information regarding insurance coverage of your medical bills
- Copies of reports from doctors regarding your diagnosis and prognosis
- Information about anticipated future medical costs
- Details regarding work you missed as a result of your injury
- List all of the ways your life has been affected by your injury
- Bring a calendar, with all the important dates listed (date of injury, dates of surgery or other treatment and so forth)
- A description of any interaction with insurance companies
- Copies of any claims already filed with your employer or an insurance company
- Copies of correspondence with insurance companies
We always suggest that no matter which lawyer you’re going to see, ask for a copy of their fee agreement and have it explained to you. If you have any questions, or you’re ready to schedule an appointment, contact us today.